Prep Center Question

Ralphw

Hey All,

New to the group and I have a question. My X3 2.5 is at the prep center in SC. Does anyone know how long the prep process actually takes? It hit the center yesterday, and the Owners Circle says the expected delivery date is 02-08 which I KNOW isn't gonna happen. I figure 2-3 days in shipping to TX from SC plus whatever time it takes them to "prep" the car. I'm about to go nuts waiting...I ordered mine the day after Thanksgiving so I'm ready to get my hands on it. Silver Gray, Gray leather, Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Privacy Glass, Xenon and Premium sound system......MUST....GET .....SOON.....Arrrrgh [:D] [:D] !!

Ralph W.
"LIfe's Short, Fly Fast"

hoopsurfer

Sounds almost identical to mine except I went with with Ti Silver and cold weather items.

It took a week longer than expected - dealer said the prep center is going over the cars with extra care to make sure they are right given their new status.

hoop

Ralphw

Thanks Hoop,

Not much need for "cold weather" gear down here, so I dropped the cash on the Sound System and the Xenons.

A week ehhh....well, I sure hope they do better than that [?|] !! I know mine's on a Priority 1 status, but I'm sure that only goes so far. Did you sign up for the freebies at the X3 "coming soon" website and if so, did you ever get them? My sales guy told me about the site, I enrolled and have been waiting for my goodies, but nada from the good folks at BMWUSA.

Ralph W.

hoopsurfer

Xenons look great and DSP is great on the highway. The premium sound system definitely beats my 325i - subwoofer really adds the lows.

I think I signed up for whatever was out there and the dealer put me in for a few things as well.

I had P1 as well, but still had a short wait. Your patience will pay off soon enough. Let us know what you think.

hoop