Raced a new Dodge Viper w/ my e46 M3

So I see this brand new, red Dodge Viper on the highway and I figure that you only get a chance to race one of these a few times. So I caught up to him and passed him going about 100 on the highway. He didn't want to follow but then did and let me take the lead into a strip of lights known for drag racing.

We lined up after we weaved past everyone and it was on. In the first race, I took it off DSC and I jumped ahead of him in first and second. He was still trying to get going and was fish tailing wildly! Once he got going someone cut in front of me so I had to slow down. His car was spinning out in EVERY gear. That is POWER. His rear tires were so wide that they were almost off the road and kicking up dust all over the place!

Then we lined up again after explaining to me how, "Its hard to drive because it has soo much power". I could relate because it took me a good 1/2 year to be able to spin the tires just enough to fish tail a little out of first and then take off.

The second time he timed it perfectly and once he put it into 2nd, he was gone. The M3 can hang with the Viper though if its driver isn't up to snuff. Then a couple of other tuners tried to jump in, so we decided to go separate ways. That's what its all about, testing the limits of your ride! The Viper was on the only car that has ever hung with my M3., PERIOD.

Tom

Staff Team
LOL, nice.

If you've ever had an opportunity to ride in one of those they are amazing. The ride is very rough and the exhaust is very loud, but the power is wonderful. Glad you had fun nevertheless.

It was unreal how much raw power the Viper has. The car literally almost went sideways off the line because the driver probably floored it in first. After it passed me, it would peel out when it switched gears and kicked up the loose gravel. It was a beast. I got an appreciation off its power because it was sliding around as if it was on ice.

But the M3 held its own, and like I said the first race was mine all the way. He said he hadn't raced anyone in it yet, but I guess an M3 was up to par so he couldn't let it pass him.