The Ultimate Delivery Program

I have not contacted a dealer at this point, I am still in the planning stages of ordering a vehicle. The vehicle will be a 135i coupe.
Has anyone participated in the ultimate delivery program here in the US? How far in advance do I need to start the ordering process?
I would like to hear experiances from the program.

Thanks!

Mike

i believe bmw needs 3 months advance to actually build youre vehicle before you can make the trip. i would plan 6 months in advance. i know that if you build a 135i on the bmwusa.com website at the end you can find info about the program.

just my opinion, but given oil + gas prices these days, why would u want to take delivery of your car in europe, drive it around there, and then pay to have it shipped back to north america?

He's talking about US Delivery at the factory in Spartanburg, not Euro delivery. It includes a performance driving session as part of the program.

As far as Euro Delivery goes, you save 7% on the price of the car. If you are planning a trip to Germany, taking Euro delivery saves the cost of a rental car.

If I am not mistaken, they actually ship the car back to the states at no charge as well. Well, it's all part of the delivery fee that is charged no matter what.
But Kirby is correct, we are planning on flying to South Carolina, to pick it up, then tour the South East prior to returning home. The cost is the one-way plane ticket, and the fuel and lodging costs while touring.
Personally, I think that it is a pretty sweet deal.