Tick, Tick, Tick ? ? ?

I just want to help you guys understand something about fuel...

Octane is the index of the temperature/pressure at which fuel will detonate. The higher the octane, the greater the temperature/pressure will need to be to burn the fuel. This is why you increase your fuel's level of octane if your engine is experiencing pre-detonation/pinging (fuel burning before it is supposed to, which leads to engine and piston damage.

Higher octane is not going to increase your engine's power output...just allow it to burn the fuel at the correct time. If the engine doesn't get hot enough, or there isn't enough compression in the cylinder, the fuel won't burn properly. In this situation your car would run horribly..

I have been around several e30s with m20 engines varying from 2.3l to 3.0l strokers, and I have seen them run on Unical 76's Cool Blue 103 octane fuel with no problems.

Also folks, please keep in mind that there are several different method for measuring fuel octane. The county of Santa Clara here in the Bay Area uses adifferent method of calculation than they do in the Los Angeles area. Here, 91 octane compares to LA's 89, and LA also has 93.

D328KGL

haha oh well ive just joined and wanted to see a thread about tappets by searching so if someone else does the same they will see my post so in fact it doesnt matter how old the thread is does it?? LOL