time from production # to VIN?

drjordan

Hi, new to the forum. Just ordered a 2007 335i coupe from the dealer last friday. It now has a production number. So how long will it take to get a VIN through the owner's circle link, and how long is it from the time you get the VIN to the time that you can actually pick up the car?? The dealer told me it'll take around 6 weeks...what's your experience? Thanks.
BTW, i ordered a montego blue, with essentially no options except for the automatic.

Welcome to the board and congrats on the 335i Coupe! I have the Montego Blue as well and it is definitely a head turner. It took me 5 weeks from the time I ordered the car to the time I took delivery back in October (I ordered it as soon as I was able to the first week of Sept).

drjordan

Thanks for the info. I was debating between sparkling graphite and montego blue. At first I thought montego blue was too flashy/bright, but i had owned many silver/grayish cars before, so i went ahead with the blue.
Didn't haggle too much at the dealer either, got a few hundred bucks off the MSRP....
Despite the reliability issues with BMWs, hopefully i can enjoy the car throughout its 3-year lease period without any major mechanical problems.
Anyways, can't wait to pick up the car in a couple of months.

drjordan

ordered the ss5 coupe on 3/8, still "on order".......wonder when it'll be "scheduled for production"???
For all those with the new 335 coupe, any problems with any overheating or oil temp gauge issues? What's the normal temp range during regular driving conditions?