To iDrive or not

agarbati

I am contemplating on foregoing on the Premium package and instead going with the iDrive+Nav. My rationale is that I really want the Bluetooth, hence the BMW Assist, functionality, and I really like the dual humped dash. Besides I personally think almost every mid-size to luxury car will have Nav in 5 yrs.

On the other hand I don't care much for the things in the Premium package, like the power folding mirrors, compass, and the leather. I'll probably miss the driver memory but I need some of you guys' input on the iDrive, Nav, it's voice command handling, and in general usability. Should I just go with the Premium and fuggedaboutit or should I go with the Nav?

hey, welcome to the board!
since the introduction is around the corner, if you can wait, i'd see how the system works. idrive from what i read has been revamped somewhat, but it could be a case of making over an ugly chick. sure it helps, but you still might have to put a bag over her head..

i'd try it out first to see if it fits you or not. and as for the nav, once you go nav, there's no turning back. i miss it in my car, but i'm not a big fan of BMW's nav. other companies have better ones imo, like the honda and toyota to some extent. dodge even has one, where you can get the destination by just plugging in the phone number.

Last edited: