Took delivery of an '06 M3 yesterday, problems today

pylit

Yesterday I got my Interlagos Blue '06 M3 (all options minus 6 disk changer) and already it has significant issues.

While going up a 15% grade today, the car would not shift out of 1st gear (SMG). I tried using the paddles, the manual shifter, both automatic and sequential mode without luck. Approximately 30 seconds after the incident on about the 7th or 8th try the car shifted into 2nd and had no more issues.

Next while driving home on the autobahn, at a steady 85 mph the car rebooted. The car kept running but the lights, nav, radio, and dash all turned off, the car beeped at me a couple times, and then everything turned back on. It was definitely a full power loss since I had to reset the time on the clock. Again, no issues after the reboot.

I called the dealer and they want me to bring it in to hook up to the computer. Since I'm going out of town in a week anyway I made an appointment for a week from Monday to leave the car with them.

Anybody else had these kinds of issues with a brand new M3, and if so, were they easily remedied?

Thanks

Sorry to hear that. They are all electrical issues and your dealership should be able to fix them as it does not sound like anything major (I mean it is major, but your car still runs for the most part). Sorry I can't give you any more details.