what can you tell about.....

i'm looking at a 89 e30 m3. it is red/black int., 5 spd., and has 72+K miles. they are asking $12K. i know i should probably get a e36 but this one looks just like the first BMW i saw as a kid and sparked my interest. what can you guys tell me about the e30 m3. problems? things to look out for? i know it is a 4cyl. but is it better than like a e36 328? thanks in advance!

Tom

Staff Team
Thats pretty good mileage for an M3. I would start off with a carfax to make sure the vehicle has not been in any accident. Seems like the car is pretty-well maintained if it has that low miles.

well here is the e30 M3 i'm looking at. i thought the price was good since it has low miles and in good condition (i've seen it in person).

the problem occured when i checked with NADA , Blue Book, and the bank. They all have the car listed as having a retail value of >$9,000. Why? i talked to the dealer and they won't budge on the price. i'm sure the car is worth the $13,000+ but the bank doesn't value it at more than $8,000. who is right? is there any other place to get a loan for an old car?