What did you do to your BMW M2 today?

Share what you did today with the BMW M2 community!

• Example: I washed and waxed my car today.
  • Example: I ordered some new parts for my BMW M2.
  • Example: I tinted the windows on my car.

Got the M2 back from the dealer after its 1,200 mile service. Gone are the 5,500 RPM limit, no full throttle and top speed of 107 MPH break in restrictions. I managed to find some open road and ran it up through the gears at WOT. In the center display there is a screen that has two meters, one for actual HP and the other for torque. I had both in the 370 range. :D

They moderated the rev matching overflow somewhat claiming they cannot turn it all the way off so it is still taking away from the driving experience and they claimed the cruise control was designed to not shut off just because you shifted gears so a down shift will keep you at the previous speed with the engine running high revs.

I'll drive it for awhile and then decide whether to keep it or sell it.

Glad they made some improvements for you.

Got the M2 back from the dealer after its 1,200 mile service. Gone are the 5,500 RPM limit, no full throttle and top speed of 107 MPH break in restrictions. I managed to find some open road and ran it up through the gears at WOT. In the center display there is a screen that has two meters, one for actual HP and the other for torque. I had both in the 370 range. :D

They moderated the rev matching overflow somewhat claiming they cannot turn it all the way off so it is still taking away from the driving experience and they claimed the cruise control was designed to not shut off just because you shifted gears so a down shift will keep you at the previous speed with the engine running high revs.

I'll drive it for awhile and then decide whether to keep it or sell it.

It wasn't a significant improvement in the rev matching overrun. The car will be up for auction on BaT soon.

Sorry to hear man, what do you plan on getting to replace it?
Lots of choices out there, I haven't made a decision and probably will take some time to do so. In the meantime I have a 2016 Miata to which I have added a BBR Turbo system, suspension upgrades and 4 pot all around Wilwood brakes and a 2016 Ram 1500.