Where to spray the lysol?

wasabinyc

I've got the stinky A/C syndrome. I know I've got to spray Lysol in the outside air intake, but I have no idea where that is.

I just went out to my car and popped open my hood to look for the air intake. I can't find it!

Would somebody be gracious enough to take a picture of where the air intake is? Where I need to spray the lysol? Thanks!

William330

I'm pretty sure it's right below the wiper blades, under the hood vents. It's black plastic, and is about 3 feet long by 6 inches wide. Turn the round center clip by hand to remove the cover.

Are you sure spraying Lysol down there is a good idea? Where did you read about that?

My AC stunk when the car was 1 year old, and I'm not sure if the dealer fixed it without mentioning it during an unrelated service visit, or if the stink just went away, but the smell has not returned for years.

Apparently there is a water build up in the AC vents from condensation (then mildew forms). When I looked into this years ago, there was an after-market part that ran a fan after shutting off the engine, which dried the sitting water. (Decided against tearing up the car to install it.)

In any event, the smell went away on its own.

Has there been a dealer recall on this?