X3 Color Matched Bumpers

I just picked up the X3 Accessories brochure at my Center, and the aero kit is listed as available in March.

The bad news is that it isn't compatible with
Headlight Washers (cold weather package)
Park distance control
Trailer hitches

tengdin said:
I just picked up the X3 Accessories brochure at my Center, and the aero kit is listed as available in March.

The bad news is that it isn't compatible with
Headlight Washers (cold weather package)
Park distance control
Trailer hitches
Hey tengdin~ Do you happen to have the price for the bumpers?

Hmm...a bit hard with the money.....................................I'm getting a Silver Gray, hopefully the black bumper wouldn't look TOO bad.... =(
I'd gladly accept the aero package if it gets around 1-1.5 grand. LOL~

Thanks for the reply btw~

deniss

wow

I've seen several pics of the X3 with the aero kit, and it looks just gorgeous... like a princess... But 5 grand for that? Hm. I think the X3 is prices just OK, but 5 grand for the aero package is WHOA. I was thinking of getting this car with about 3-4 grand worth in options, so this is pretty much of out question for me.

What I wonder is this. Why can't they paint the current plastic bumper into body color? I've heard of people painting their plastic moldings in euro cars into body color by going to some body shop, and it came out great. I wonder what it would cost to do the monochromatic treatment for X3 without buying the aero kit... Maybe 2-3 grand? Do you think it's too risky an idea?

I called the BMW NA about the aero package. They told me that that option's not available...and if there's a big demand for the aero package, they'd be in stock by next year. They don't have any plans about the aero package at the moment, apparently... [:(] [8]

deniss

Yea, but did the dealer actually confirm availability of the parts for this package? They could have just been sent a show version of X3 for showrooms only...

mybluex3

Aero Kit

I ordered the Aero Kit from my dealer yesterday... is 25XX plus labor, paint and installation... so the total price will around 4K to 4.5K a little bit lower than 5K... they said only 200 set available and 100 set is gone already.. it may be a limited edition... so not every car can have it on even you have money... if you really wanna get it.. do it ASAP...I'm looking forawrd my my X3 3.0 with the Aero Kit on..[:D]

deniss

wow... jeez. well, lucky you! make sure to post pics when you get it all installed :)

I'll have to think long and hard whether I will want to pay 4-5 grand for this when i get around to buying this car. It's still real expensive. But, with the aero kit on, it's the most beautiful SUV out there, in my opinion. Maybe one of the most beautiful cars around now...

deniss

hm

Ok, so I exchanged some emails with BMW of North America and even gave them the link to this forum so they could give me a clarification on the matters with this package. They strenuously insist that the Aero package is not available in the US market and that there are no plans to make it available here.

So what's going on with this then? Are dealers just taking this into their own hands and ordering the parts for this package from Germany or Austria or whatever? This is a pretty interesting run-around, to say the least. And why would they not want to make it available here? To torture the Americans? :)

mybluex3

Aero Kit

Really? But if you take a look on the X3 accessories booklet.. hte aero Kit is listed inside with a US price... I'm not sure my dealer is ordered from Europe or not.. but I'm pretty sure the aero kit should be available for US market also..otherwise they won't put it into the accessories book.

deniss

Maybe the person I talked to wasn't fully informed?

There's a dealer in Jersey that will have it available in May...

Sounds like BMW NA lacks a little coordination with reality :)

deniss

Yea, beats the heck outta me! The thing is, if dealers in the US apparently expect it, that means BMW NA must be telling them it will be available, but the people we are talking to at BMW NA are telling us otherwise. I wonder if it's intentional or not. They are, afterall, customer service reps. Maybe the people higher up know the truth :)