X3 Wheels

jsinger

So, when looking for wheels, I need to make sure the bolt pattern is 5x120 and the offset is 38?

I noticed some wheels have an offset of 35 and some have 38, does that matter?

What are some of the best sources (outside of ebay) online to look at wheels for the X3?

Thanks!

Jeff

Try looking somewhere like www.tirerack.com. Your best bet is sometimes to go in and talk to the people at your local rim shop and see what kind of deal they will cut you. I have never payed retail for rims, they can always shave something of your rim/tire package.

jsinger

I checked out tirerack, but they don't have the BBS wheels I like (the "CH" wheels).

A couple questions:
1. What can I realistically expect to get for the stock 17" wheels from a x3 2.5i... just the wheels, no tires.

2. What does the offset refer to and can any offset be used as long as the bolt pattern is 5/120? What is the difference between an offset of 35 vs 38?

3. What width can the wheels be? When looking at the CH I see 19" wheels with 8.5 and 9.5. Would either work?

I should be picking my x3 up in a couple hours!

Thanks!

Jeff

jsinger said:
I checked out tirerack, but they don't have the BBS wheels I like (the "CH" wheels).

A couple questions:
1. What can I realistically expect to get for the stock 17" wheels from a x3 2.5i... just the wheels, no tires.

There is a set on e-Bay right now for $800 starting bid (don't know if there is a reserve). Price includes the tires.

2. What does the offset refer to and can any offset be used as long as the bolt pattern is 5/120? What is the difference between an offset of 35 vs 38?

The offset refers to how far, off of centerline, the mounting bolts are located. So, if you go with a wheel that has a lower offset, the wheelbase will be increased. Decreasing the offset too much may create rubbing problems on the rear (if you bottom out). Not sure if it will create steering issues on the front.

3. What width can the wheels be? When looking at the CH I see 19" wheels with 8.5 and 9.5. Would either work?

Depends on the desired tire width.

I should be picking my x3 up in a couple hours!

Thanks!

Jeff