2005 BMW 336i

The real test for Chris will be the new five series. If it doesn't sell, I think BMW will have his head. We might not even get to the new 3 series. We'll just have to see.

Looks like a PT Cruiser got together with a Toyota Matrix and reproduced. The new Accord, 350Z, Z3, and many others have similar wide curve and straight lines. I don't like it, but then again if you saw my wardrobe you wouldn't listen to me on style issues. As an anitstyle type person, one thing I have always loved about BMW was their attitude that "form follows function." The style will be determined by the engineering purpose. Chris needs to revisit that philosophy.

The degree to which a car was engineered to be "driven" is inversely proportional to the number of cup holders. My Z3 has none. Bet that new 336 has at least 6.

Im confused, the picture Wadula posted definitly looks like a hatch back and I dought BMW is making a 3 series hatch back since they are making 1 series and 5 series hatch backs. Personaly I like the 7 series redesign, it is the 5 series and definitly the 3 where it seems BMW has gone insane, I understand more modern change but that is 10 years ahead of its time. The big problem I have is that I would probably get a 2005 or 2006 BMW 3 as my new car and so far I dont like it, I do like the bigger engine though [burnout] .

Well as I mentioned before on this forum the new bimmers start to look more and more like Japanese cars... No look at the new 5-th series, the upper eyebrow in the lights, doesn't that remind you the Accordion? Or the 3 series compact... I guess they try to get closer desings cause Jap cars sell better? The same Accordion is the 1-st place selling in US in it's class(after pick-up tracks).
I don't know, I really like the design of e30 and e46's , e36s if they have some makeup...
I like the BMW because it has very classy and also CLASSIC style...
To me if I would have money to buy a brand new car by 2005, I would probably get a used e46 or lean towards other european cars (Audi has pretty nice designed cars lately, and they traditionally have excellent engeneering...) cause new BMW's keep dissapointing me.(or maybe I am already old and don't get the fresh futuristic ideas..[rofl] )

Last edited:
The grills are getting to big on the new BMW's, oh and mikev, the pic is not of the 1 series the givaway is the head lights. The new 1 has turning lights in the upper corner like the new 5 series vs the 3 series now has those turning lights that go over the whole headlight. Well that and the fact that the picture shows 4 passenger doors and the new 1 is a 2 door.

Last edited:

junglestylz

1000 Post Club
What was that saying my old man taught me......¿ Don't put all your eggs..........no.........Don't sweat the petty sh.........no............OH YEAH!............If it ain't broke, DON'T F@CKIN' FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bmwrocks

1000 Post Club
That red thing at robin125's link is the FUGLIEST fuggin thing I have ever seen!!!!

That will totally ruin the BMW line.

It looks like some sort of alien bug. Could've driven it on Starship Troopers.

I would bet your paycheck that thing never makes it to production looking like that.

BMW dealers would be ashamed to sell it and BMW customers wouldn't be caught dead driving it!!!!

mytan85_325e said:
ok, now they pulled in Toyota/Pontiac styling...can we all say MATRIX or VIBE!!!

When did GM buy BMW??
You don't know how right you are.

Bob Lutz was responsible for the BMW CSL and had a role in the genesis of the modern bmw sports car and the Motorsport division in the 60s and 70s.

He is now Vice Chairman at GM and responsible for the radical change (or more accurately the removal of the radical and ridiculously-clad) at Pontiac and the performance emphasis at GM.

This is not something to be ignored.