2006 (? or wutever gen is the newest...) Acura TL or 2006 BMW 325i

I have been watching this thread for a while and the initial question is easy to answer. The Acura TL is a better value overall, but the 325i offers more luxury.

Same here drove TSX it drove like a regular Honda. I was expecting alot more from that car.
Drove the 325i it was nice but it didn't have enough torque for me I opted for an 02' 330i instead of a brand new TL or TSX. Dont get me wrong the TSX/TL look nice are good cars but again they are not BMWs. Drive it and see why people around the world love them..

ckeck

I am in the same situation trying to decide between these two cars...the 330i or the TL (w/ a-spec kit).

One thing though I see a lot of here is comparing the TSX & the TL. The Acura TSX is not even close to the same car as the TL, so don't compare the riding styles/comfort. If you have not driven the TL itself, I wouldn't make any statements. It is a significantly better car than the TSX. Very fast and powerful too...my main gripe is the FWD :(

But I love the interior style of the TL...hard to beat...and I like the BMW exterior style...but the TL is quite a bit cheaper fully loaded w/ nav, but BMW's suspension & near 50/50 weight balance is awesome...

UGH!! Decisions...decisions...

sly

ckeck said:
I am in the same situation trying to decide between these two cars...the 330i or the TL (w/ a-spec kit).

One thing though I see a lot of here is comparing the TSX & the TL. The Acura TSX is not even close to the same car as the TL, so don't compare the riding styles/comfort. If you have not driven the TL itself, I wouldn't make any statements. It is a significantly better car than the TSX. Very fast and powerful too...my main gripe is the FWD :(

But I love the interior style of the TL...hard to beat...and I like the BMW exterior style...but the TL is quite a bit cheaper fully loaded w/ nav, but BMW's suspension & near 50/50 weight balance is awesome...

1. If I had to chose between the two cars, it's a no brainer for me. BMW wins because the TL has torque steer when pushed hard.

2, You might think that 50/50 is ideal, but remember the 50/50 at rest is not 50/50 during hard acceleration. So do yoyu want 50/50 when the car is idle or 50/50 during hard acceleration when cornering hard? Maybe a case can be made for 55/45 at rest and 50/50 during hard acceleration.

beamca

ckeck said:

I was in your same predicament. Didn't know what to buy. Money wise, the TL makes a lot more sense than the BMW 330. Problem for me is that although I like the TL's line, it feels looks too much like a modified Japanese car (i.e., Honda Accord). Don't get me wrong, I swear by Japanese cars and would buy just about any if my decision was based on practicality.

Just when it looked like the TL was the best decision for me, my brother decided to upgrade from a 2002 325i with Sports package to a 2006 330i with premium and sports package. I bought the 2002 and I don't think I'll be able to drive anything else. If the 2002 feels this good, I can't wait until my brother sells his 2006 to me in about 3 years. I still like the look of the TL, but I'm very glad I didn't buy it.