BMW 330 vs G35

The German feel you get is a more connected car IMO. For my G35C, I am operating a vehicle but in a German car, it is like the car is an extension of you. It just feels much more natural to drive than your typical Japanese vehicle.

AeroG

Bertuzzi said:
I am trading in my 2003 Infiniti FX35 (Sport Pkg. with 20" wheels) for a 2006 BMW 325i. The reasons for getting rid of the Inifiniti are the infamous "clicking noise from the driver's seat / shifting driver's seat" syndrome, and the constant rattles and squeaks that this car makes. The car has been in service numerous times, and the seat base was replaced twice, but the clicking noise is now worse than before. It also affected 350Z's, and G35's. Imagine hearing a big, loud "CLICK", randomly every few minutes. This can make people suicidal. The dealer gave up on this issue and said "it is within factory spec and we will not attempt any more repairs." Basically told me to "Live with it!".

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthr...lposts&Main=67725734&Search=true#Post67725734

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthr...FX45&Number=67464623&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&vc=1

And the constant rattles from places you just can't figure out!!! I call my FX35 "the rattle bug". This car also suffered leaky valve stems (losing ~2 lbs. of pressure a day) on two separate wheels on two separate occasions. The dealer wanted to charge me $100 each time, even though it clearly is a design flaw. I am getting so sick of the poor build quality of Infiniti vehicles, I had to get rid of it. Luckily the car didn't depreciate too much in the past two years and I was able to get decent amount of money back.

Good luck with your G35. Hope you don't have any issues with your car. I am moving on to a better-quality automobile.

Perhaps your FX was defective to begin with. Every car regardless of manufacturer and price is prone to be defective. My 2005 ZHP was repurchased because of issues that were not remedied within an acceptable period of time. I replaced it with an 05 X5 4.4. Spt/Prem. etc.

In comparison my 2003.5 G35 has 64,900 miles with no current issues what so ever. i"ll admit I had to have the brakes replaced -warr; CD changer replaced - warr. and my seat adjusted - warr. Knock on wood no reoccurence yet of the aforementioned issues. My G drives, accelerates, and handles better than when new. The interior has held up well to. I am meticulous with the maintenance and upkeep - but I drive it like I stole it. [driving2]

BTW: the X5 makes our 6th new BMW since 1994. They are excellent cars but they have their share of issues from time to time as well.

sly

MrElussive said:
The German feel you get is a more connected car IMO. For my G35C, I am operating a vehicle but in a German car, it is like the car is an extension of you. It just feels much more natural to drive than your typical Japanese vehicle.
Very well stated. [cheers]

The G35C shares the engine and platform of the 350Z, among other things (such as suspension, transmission, etc.). And the answer is no, I have no problem with that. [thumb]

sly

bmw046series said:
I read the other day that the G35 is based on the 350z, thats like basing the Z4 off the 3 series, sad sad sad.
Actually the price of both cars is similar and the Anniversary edition of the 350Z costs more than all but the completely optioned out G35s. The primary differance between the cars is that the Z focuses on performance and the G adds some luxury to the mix.

Anything a company can do to hold down costs is fine with me. Audi does it with its TT which shares the VW Jetta platform.

The G35 styling is better in my opinion and you get more power for your money. I liked the car very much even though the BMW interior and safety features are better. The one problem I couldn't get over though was the head room in the G35. There wasn't any! I would have bought that car in a second had my head not hit the roof on every small bump. I am only 6'-0" tall and the seat was all the way down.

sly

SPMyke325i said:
The G35 styling is better in my opinion and you get more power for your money. I liked the car very much even though the BMW interior and safety features are better. The one problem I couldn't get over though was the head room in the G35. There wasn't any! I would have bought that car in a second had my head not hit the roof on every small bump. I am only 6'-0" tall and the seat was all the way down.
I assume you test drove the coupe. If sedan styling doesn't turn you off, I'm certain that your head wouldn't hit the roof in the G35 sedan.

I dunno, we Looked at the G35 for my mom and then the C350 sedan as well, we quickly eliminated the A4 because the interior is high quality but the seats are not at all comfy to ride in, then we looked at the 2006 Passat which let me tell you is nicer then a 5 series I think both in value and feature content, but we ended up with a 325i with premium, sport, logic-7, bi-xenons, pdc and heated front seats plus those rear sunshades which I have in the X5 and swear by, all in all we got ours for 1,500 over invoice cost at BMW of San Diego and counldn't be happier, my mom loves it, I also bought my new 2005.5 X5 3.0i with everything including navigation on the same day in Khalahari beige with truffle interior and I got mine for 500 over invoice so there are deals out there!

bmw046series

1000 Post Club
I was in my local BMW dealer last week and I was talking to a sales guy (I know quite well) about the new 3er and he said he was in Chicago at a test track for BMW they had an Acura TL, Mercedes C-Class, Audi A4, Infiniti G35 and the New 3-Series, he said some kid jumped into the G took off and nearly rolled it off the road, when he jumped into it he said the body roll was terrible, braking the whole chassis moved, they haven't figured out how to get the power to the back wheels properly, and when you accelerated the whole chassis felt unstable, all in all a terrible car and very poorly built. My opinion has no merit here, having never driven one and no desire too, but quite frankly I think they are trying too hard to build a sports car and are failing at an excessive rate.

BTW he rated the cars as the following; BMW 1 - Acura 2 - Audi 3 - Mercedes 4 (old model though) - InFin 5

That's interesting, I can't speak for the sedan, but I can speak for the Coupe. My car puts the power to the rear wheels just fine, the chassis seems solid under redline shifts and there is no traction loss at all. The LSD also works hard to distribute the power evenly, something the 3-Series does not have. As for the body roll, I remember when test-driving the 330Ci and the G35C, the 330Ci had more body roll whereas the G35C just stays more flat in the turns, but that gave the BMW more predictable handling. Both cars had great brakes and great handling, but I liked the G's power more (obviously, 280hp vs 225hp).

You need to do some more research before you speak about other cars because it seems like you really just pull a lot of stuff completely out of your ass. I would not be surprised if you made that whole paragraph up. You always hate on other cars, as well as GM, and apparently you own a GMC. What's your deal?

Last edited:

sly

bmw046series said:
I was in my local BMW dealer last week and I was talking to a sales guy (I know quite well) about the new 3er and he said he was in Chicago at a test track for BMW they had an Acura TL, Mercedes C-Class, Audi A4, Infiniti G35 and the New 3-Series, he said some kid jumped into the G took off and nearly rolled it off the road, when he jumped into it he said the body roll was terrible, braking the whole chassis moved, they haven't figured out how to get the power to the back wheels properly, and when you accelerated the whole chassis felt unstable, all in all a terrible car and very poorly built. My opinion has no merit here, having never driven one and no desire too, but quite frankly I think they are trying too hard to build a sports car and are failing at an excessive rate.

BTW he rated the cars as the following; BMW 1 - Acura 2 - Audi 3 - Mercedes 4 (old model though) - InFin 5
[rofl] Wow imagine that. A BMW salesman who ranked the BMW first. I don't think the story that some kid almost rolled a G35 would dissuade me from buying one, assuming of course that the incident happened at all. You know how you can tell when a salesman lies? Yes you probably guessed it, it's when he moves his lips. Hell, salesmen lie so much I don't think they can distinguish between fact and fiction.

For a much more unbiased opinion, I suggest that you read the September issue of Motor Trend. Yes, it ranked the 330 ahead of the G35 but it was close and the price of the tested 330 was around $48K.

Last edited:

bmw046series

1000 Post Club
MrElussive said:
That's interesting, I can't speak for the sedan, but I can speak for the Coupe. My car puts the power to the rear wheels just fine, the chassis seems solid under redline shifts and there is no traction loss at all. The LSD also works hard to distribute the power evenly, something the 3-Series does not have. As for the body roll, I remember when test-driving the 330Ci and the G35C, the 330Ci had more body roll whereas the G35C just stays more flat in the turns, but that gave the BMW more predictable handling. Both cars had great brakes and great handling, but I liked the G's power more (obviously, 280hp vs 225hp).

You need to do some more research before you speak about other cars because it seems like you really just pull a lot of stuff completely out of your ass. I would not be surprised if you made that whole paragraph up. You always hate on other cars, as well as GM, and apparently you own a GMC. What's your deal?

I wouldn't be suprised if you were a liberal, so why don't you take your Japanese shit and shove it up your ass.

bmw046series said:
I wouldn't be suprised if you were a liberal, so why don't you take your Japanese shit and shove it up your ass.
Sounds like you did make the whole thing up. Btw, I'm not a liberal. Oh and you can take that plastic piece of shit GMC and shove it up your ass....ya might need a lil KY jelly though. I bet you don't own or even drive any of the cars in your list. Nobody hates on GM so much while having one in their driveway (except for Eric right now). You're too ridiculously biased, ignorant, arrogant, and stupid about cars...you need a brain.

Last edited:
First of all, the G35 and 330 are not even in the same class. Just take a look at the appointments on the interior of the car. The leather looks cheap, the buttons on the stearing wheel look like they are silver painted plastic from straight out of a star trek episode. A twelve year could come up with a better designed interior. It looks so cheap, I refused to even test drive it when I went to have a look at it. But, the lines on the outside of that car are pretty sweet. The look of the outside is just plain gorgeous. Too bad I'd be spending most of the time on the interior of the car. They really should have had someone engineer it better. I actually look down on the drivers of the G35... as if they have absolutely no taste.

With that said... I bought the new E90 330 about 2 months ago and got about 2,500 off of MSRP. What a sweet ride. Oh, and BMW actually hired someone who knows how to design an interior. So, it doesn't look cheap... and I don't feel like a moron while I'm driving it.

sly

newty25 said:
First of all, the G35 and 330 are not even in the same class. Just take a look at the appointments on the interior of the car. The leather looks cheap, the buttons on the stearing wheel look like they are silver painted plastic from straight out of a star trek episode. A twelve year could come up with a better designed interior. It looks so cheap, I refused to even test drive it when I went to have a look at it. But, the lines on the outside of that car are pretty sweet. The look of the outside is just plain gorgeous. Too bad I'd be spending most of the time on the interior of the car. They really should have had someone engineer it better. I actually look down on the drivers of the G35... as if they have absolutely no taste.

With that said... I bought the new E90 330 about 2 months ago and got about 2,500 off of MSRP. What a sweet ride. Oh, and BMW actually hired someone who knows how to design an interior. So, it doesn't look cheap... and I don't feel like a moron while I'm driving it.

As far as your comments about the interior, I guess you have to come up with something to rationalize paying an extra $10K.

Last edited:
Goodness....it's just cars people, buy what you want, enjoy what you want!

Now get back out on those roads and drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adrean8j

1000 Post Club
bmw046series said:
Wow! Japanese cars are shit? Now that is very, very new to me! Since Honda and Toyota and Nissan have been making cars that people, including fan boys like you will buy AND keep buying i dont see how you can justify that statement......

newty25 said:
Originally Posted by newty25

With that said... I bought the new E90 330 about 2 months ago and got about 2,500 off of MSRP. What a sweet ride. Oh, and BMW actually hired someone who knows how to design an interior. So, it doesn't look cheap... and I don't feel like a moron while I'm driving it. .
I hate to say it...and I am not calling you names but are you "bourgeois"?
I mean really? The interior on BMW's is high quality but "boring" to look at....if you were comparing "visually" the interior of the G35 to something like....lets say the Audis then I could see how your comments would be partially justified but optically IMHO the interior of BMW's old and new is a little bit boring(still very high quality though)