E90 is out, I think???

A friend of mine said he saw the new e90 earlier today on a truck on I-15 between Las Vegas and LA. He said there was only one as far as he could tell.

So has anyone seen one yet? I noticed bmwusa.com has taken off the e46 and is now only showing the e90 for the 330i.

If I thought I could find one I would go to So. Cal. for a day or two just look at one. I know the California dealers were receiving the ZHP before the Nevada dealers could even order them.

Wow. How sad I feel. Feels like an old friend has died. What a trip to go to BMWs website, click on 3 series...and see the E90 instead of the E46. Totally ridiculous, but I feel really bummed out.

An era has shut. It is now a waiting game for the E46 Coupe, cabrio and wagon to go away. Noooooooo [xx(]

deutsch100 said:
Wow. How sad I feel. Feels like an old friend has died. What a trip to go to BMWs website, click on 3 series...and see the E90 instead of the E46. Totally ridiculous, but I feel really bummed out.

An era has shut. It is now a waiting game for the E46 Coupe, cabrio and wagon to go away. Noooooooo [xx(]
Wow, they must have changed this today. I could've sworn they had the E46 sedan up yesterday.

Deutch: I feel the same exact way. It's a little creepy not seeing the good ol' E46 on the site. Man, I can't believe it has been 8 years since she came out; I rememer drooling over the C&D photos like it was yesterday.... [:(]

BTW, BMW has absolutely flipped as far as pricing/options go. Just built a 330 with Cold, Premium, Sport, Adv. Cruise, Nav., rear shade, and park dist. for:

$47,395!!!!!

Add automatic, and you're looking at damn near 49K.

No thank you is all I have to say. Even a well-equiped 325i will run you over 43K. That's a little too much for a smallish, great driving, average-looking, likely-mediocre-realiabilty car. You can buy a loaded midsize Infinti M or Lexus GS for that kinda money. Hell, if you want to stay German, you can hop across the street into a well-equipped A6 for 49K!

Its interesting to flip between the pictures of the E46 and E90 on the bmwusa web site. When you do that it seems that the E90 looks like an old mans car. Maybe its the sliver color of the cars or the quality of the picture. In the end it just takes time to get use to change. I really am looking forward to seeing one in person.

Wallie05 said:
Wow, they must have changed this today. I could've sworn they had the E46 sedan up yesterday.

You are correct, I looked yesterday as well and the e46 was still there. And then today someone spots the e90 so I go back and look and the e46 is gone!

I also agree-too damn much money for the car. But I would like to see one in case there is something I'm missing.

Bryan330i said:
You are correct, I looked yesterday as well and the e46 was still there. And then today someone spots the e90 so I go back and look and the e46 is gone!

I also agree-too damn much money for the car. But I would like to see one in case there is something I'm missing.
Sooo going to bmw of manhattan to check the E90 if its there. I want to be a judge for myself. So far on my list

E39 = Omg.. Perfect fit, excellent car
E60 = Its ok, slightly bigger inside than e39, more spacious
E46 = Tiny and too cramped for my 6 foot 3 inch tall self..
X3 = Feels cramped and small.
X5 = just a little underpar on interior space, but otherwise its ok.
M3 = for some reason it feels bigger, and more comfy than a normal E46..
6 Series = Its ok, really spacious on the inside
Z4 = love it, the seating position is awesome

I just hope the e90 wont be a dissapointment..

peakpros

Wallie05 said:

Deutch: I feel the same exact way. It's a little creepy not seeing the good ol' E46 on the site. Man, I can't believe it has been 8 years since she came out; I rememer drooling over the C&D photos like it was yesterday.... [:(]

BTW, BMW has absolutely flipped as far as pricing/options go. Just built a 330 with Cold, Premium, Sport, Adv. Cruise, Nav., rear shade, and park dist. for:

$47,395!!!!!

Add automatic, and you're looking at damn near 49K.

No thank you is all I have to say. Even a well-equiped 325i will run you over 43K. That's a little too much for a smallish, great driving, average-looking, likely-mediocre-realiabilty car. You can buy a loaded midsize Infinti M or Lexus GS for that kinda money. Hell, if you want to stay German, you can hop across the street into a well-equipped A6 for 49K!

Absolutely true.

What makes me laugh these past few weeks is how many posters are praisng BMW for keeping E90 prices in line with E46 prices.

I purchased my 325 i in feb with the incentives. An E90 with the same modest specs would be over 5k more. No thanks.

Bmw 325i 7803

1000 Post Club
Actually I priced a 330i with all the decent comfort options (prem, cold, auto, & navi) it comes out to just under $44k MSRP. I'm sure if they dropped the price 2-3k we'd have a deal... I bet the residual will be high and it will lease well, besides in America people buy the 3 series for the BMW name which guarantees it will sell and hold that resale value high [thumb] thereby giving the greenlight to leasing. Besides who needs the other options, active steering & active cruise control=5k of nonsense gadgets...

You can still get a 325xi and 330xi with the E46 body's and old engine if you miss it that much...

BTW, BMW has the 330i doing 0-60 in 6.1 seconds with a manual and 6.3 in an auto. Meaning we have at least a 6 seconds-to-60 330i, this should be cause for celebration! The new 330i performs the same as the E46 zhp 330i. I think you can get the auto down to 6.1 or 6.2 and the manual to 5.9, which is good news for all of BMW's redlight racers. It's also comfortable to know you can match the Japanese s in their performance, without having to stomp on the pedal. (Acura TL and G35 redlight racers) The fuel economy has improved and it's also 3450lbs, heavier and safer than ever. Cheer up guys... [driving]

I saw a E90 330i yesterday....it had 18's on it and it was that arctic blue color. It actually turned my head. Looked very nice and it definately has a better growl coming from the tail end. I think y'alls disappointment is going to be short lived. you will see.

tool fan said:
I saw a E90 330i yesterday....it had 18's on it and it was that arctic blue color. It actually turned my head. Looked very nice and it definately has a better growl coming from the tail end. I think y'alls disappointment is going to be short lived. you will see.

I am hearing the same from other people.

And I think this is why you can buy a new 2005 330i for $7,000.00 off sticker.

tool fan said:
I agree. I saw the E90 at 3 Across America last week. Got to sit in it, look under the hood, trunk, etc. The seat bolsters were noticeably tighter, in a good way (except for overweight people!!) People have referred to the E90 interior as "plasticky", well, I don't see any change at all in the quality or amount of plastic from the E46. Just a different design. This is going to be a successful model.

Bmw 325i 7803

1000 Post Club
Bryan330i said:
I am hearing the same from other people.

And I think this is why you can buy a new 2005 330i for $7,000.00 off sticker.
Are you serious about the 7k? That means that the resale value on our cars is gonna go way down...... [:0]

I figured like this, my car has about 6k miles on it and if I were to sell it I'd want at least 34-35k for it. You're telling me an 05' 42k MSRP 330i gets picked up brand new from the avg. dealer for 35k? The market for low-mileage-excellent-condition-non-CPO e46's just seemingly took a dive out of the $30,000 range.

Bmw 325i 7803 said:
Are you serious about the 7k? That means that the resale value on our cars is gonna go way down...... [:0]

I figured like this, my car has about 6k miles on it and if I were to sell it I'd want at least 34-35k for it. You're telling me an 05' 42k MSRP 330i gets picked up brand new from the avg. dealer for 35k? The market for low-mileage-excellent-condition-non-CPO e46's just seemingly took a dive out of the $30,000 range.
Whenever a new model is released, it kills resale/trade-in value of the outgoing model. When I traded my 2004 325 wagon last month (which was 41k new) for the 2005 M3....the trade-in value was not exactly what I had hoped. Re-sale/trade-in on E46s is even worse now that the E90 is officially on the BMW website and you can build your own and order it. Yes, the E90 has really hurt the E46. See.....another reason to hate the E90 [whip]

Bmw 325i 7803 said:

Look at this....

2005 BMW 330 4dr Rear-wheel Drive Sedan i
MSRP Price: $42,830
Invoice Price: $39,541
Target Price: $36,541
Pricing as of 04/05/05 in zip code 89144

My car is worth about $26,000.00 on a trade after 2 years and paying $42,600.

deutsch100 said:

This has nothing to to do with your comment, but I absolutely love your M3! Especially your signature shot! Everytime I see it I fall even more in love.

What a kick in the pants it must be to drive it!

Sean