New Bmw light configuration style..

Hello im new to the forum,

But to the more pressing issue.. This has been on my chest for the past year. As all of you may know Bmw has given a face lift to all its new models ( 3 series , 5 series, 6 series and 7 series) I really think that bmw has lost its agressive touch, the front headlights of these cars dont look agressive at all nor sports like, for example lets take the new 3 series.. http://www.bmwusa.com/NR/rdonlyres/21896BD4-A13D-4652-A06A-32B8BC9C298C/0/0433_01.jpg the new front head light have been basically flipped upside down ( compared to the E46 ) and now look more "feminine", the look more like cats eyes. While the older E46 3 series look more agressive and more masculine http://www.kelleners-sport.co.jp/images/e46_330ci.jpg Now I dont know if any one agress with me on this but i think that the older 330CI E46 looks a lot more agressive and more like " an ultimate driving machine.." They are also doing the same thing with all the other series which i think is just not cool... [mad] [mad]
just no one go [hatchet] on me..
[:D]

mrferg said:
I think the softest lights are on the '04 sedan

I agree. I have the 03 330iPP post March that is identical to the '04. But the changes on any of the 3 series models are not as good as they could be. So I guess BMW is just getting soft, look at the '05's. [:(]

Last edited:
i must disagree. I love all the e46 but in my opinion the 04 is by far the best in every detail. From the wider body to the new bumper to the diamond sidemarkers and yes especially the front lights. They look more sleek and overall I think the car looks a lot sportier. I couldve gotten an 03 coupe for a lot cheaper but went for the 04 because I loved the way it looked. I can understand that when you are used to something the new replacements seem sort of weird and not as acceptable. I felt the same way with the new 5 series. At first it looked horrible to me, but after seeing it more and more it grew on me and I actually think it looks ok. The new 3 series facelift for me though was a different story. I loved it right off the bat. IT kept the integrity of the e46 body styling which I loved and added a few cool new touches to perfect it. Thats just my opinion, but I can understand where you are coming from too. The older ones look pretty tite too, but I think I'll stick with my "cat eyes" headlights.

i'm not a big fan of the new lights on the coupes, still hasn't grown on me.

but as of now, i'm sooo glad i picked up the 03 330i pp instead of the 04 coupe. love the way front of my car looks.. altho i wish the headlights were more 02 model than the 03 revision.. but hey, that's just a light complaint :p

I agree with pydo82. I love the look of the 04 lights, and I wanted my car to have that look rather than the 03 look, even though I like that look as well. I think they look more modern and sleek without going overboard like the new 5. I think the 7 looks great, and even the 5 is growing on me a little. Sometimes it just takes time to get used to the freshening that cars have to go through to not look dated. I didn't like it originally when Porsche went away from their purely round headlights, but now I love the way they look (although I understand they're going back to a more rounded light on some cars).

you guys are right about everyone doing the new sleek streched out headlights looking fast kinda fad.

but i wouldnt call it making the new bimmers looking less aggressive. i think the aggressive look comes from the angle of the headlights near the kidneas. the upward slant of lights on the sides, to me as to make the car look faster. but i think we all agree that bmw doesnt need such lines. it already is the ultimate driving machine.

look at that mercedes, they are doing it too in a way.

i like those two commercials though with that.... hundai? where the car is just sitting parked in the neighborhood and the old man comes out and screams "slow down!" and the other where the dog runs through the screen and runs into the car thinking its going somewhere.

but i guess porsche had the idea first with the ad where the car is just parked and there is a tree behind it that is leaning over like the wind from the car is blowing the tree over.

dont know how all that really relates to the bimmer's new lights, hehe

that was the celica commercial. pretty funny the first few times [:D]

looking back at the e46 platform, when it first came out, i was wondering why they changed the looks. but then again, it took less than a week for me to be all about the redesign. the 04 coupe redesign however will take a bit longer for me to embrace. i do like the intake revision over the 03 coupe.. only if they could combine the 03 headlights w/ 04 nose.. that'd be nice. or have it just look like the m3's front [hihi]

I think the 2003 330Ci with the chrome trim around the fog lights was really classy. I think the new front spoiler for the 2004 330Ci is less classy but more sporty (aggressive).

bmwrocks

1000 Post Club
I too could have had the '03 coupe for a lot less money, but decided on the '04 when I looked at them side by side at the dealership.

The '04 looks classier and sleeker in my opinion. The new side creases, triangular LED side marker light, hood creases, front fog light design, front bumper cover design, rear bumper design, black headlight cluster surrounds, side marker light slope-up, LED light technology.....all make for a classier, sportier look.

Also better resale/trade-in value for an '04. After all who wouldn't want LED technology and headlights that steer around corners and up and down hills????