New car arrived...finally!

So after months of test driving & debating, my "bad" 2007 X5 has been replaced. First, put down the tomatoes and pitch forks (and nasty comments) [hihi] . I didn't get a BMW. Although the dealer and BMWNA were totally amazing with the whole new X5 fiasco, I went with another German brand (whose ratings are really going back to where they once were!).

Took delivery last night (as the car arrived early):

2008 Mercedes-Benz E350 Sport
Flint Gray metallic, black leather

DVD Navi
Adaptive Xenons & fog lamps
Keyless Go
Htd. seats
Sirius Satellite
Hands free communication
Pwr. rear sunshade
18" Wheels
Lowered Sport Suspension
Sport Rear Bumper with Dual-Chrome Pipes
Blue-Tinted Glass
Black Birds-eye Maple Trim

The car feels like it's glued to the road, and the craftsmanship feels how a Mercedes felt year & years ago...like a bank vault.

Freude am Fahren mit meinem Benz [driving2]

Thanks Everyone. Want to take some pics too, just waiting for the temps here to drop below 100F [:0] , so I don't melt taking them!

Fingers crossed for this car. As of late, getting a new car hasn't been so much fun anymore. Between the Audi, RR, BMW and now the Benz.....I'm in button/control/operation overload. Set the manual parking brake, no set the electronic parking brake, the ignition is on the steering column, the ignition is on the dash, start the car with a push button, start the car with a key, i-drive, touch screen Navi, knob controlled Navi, no radio button, radio buttons, open the door with a remote, open the door just by touching it, pop the trunk manually, open the trunk electronically... [hihi]

LOL... tell me about it.

a few years ago i rented a C240 while getting some body work done on my 323i. if i recall correctly, there were 5 or 6 different dial settings for just the headlamps. and, i couldn't tell whether the headlights were ON of OFF in each case and had to actually get out and look. i also couldn't figure out how to retract the auto sunshade, because it severely hindered my visibility out the rear windshield at night. <LOL>

sometimes u want to just get in the car, start it up, and do what a car is meant to do- ie get you from point A to point B. and, all the other fancy smancy stuff sometimes just gets in the way...

enjoy the new ride, and show us some pix soon.

:)

.I'm in button/control/operation overload. Set the manual parking brake, no set the electronic parking brake, the ignition is on the steering column, the ignition is on the dash, start the car with a push button, start the car with a key, i-drive, touch screen Navi, knob controlled Navi, no radio button, radio buttons, open the door with a remote, open the door just by touching it, pop the trunk manually, open the trunk electronically... [hihi]

LOL... tell me about it.

a few years ago i rented a C240 while getting some body work done on my 323i. if i recall correctly, there were 5 or 6 different dial settings for just the headlamps. and, i couldn't tell whether the headlights were ON of OFF in each case and had to actually get out and look. i also couldn't figure out how to retract the auto sunshade, because it severely hindered my visibility out the rear windshield at night. <LOL>

sometimes u want to just get in the car, start it up, and do what a car is meant to do- ie get you from point A to point B. and, all the other fancy smancy stuff sometimes just gets in the way...

enjoy the new ride, and show us some pix soon.

:)
Ha ha. MBZ has used the same basic headlight control dial for like 30 years. There are lots of options! I guess since I drove only MBZ for 10+ years, I felt right at home with it. I've never found the rear sunshade to hinder visibility, but again, I could just be used to it. Thanks! [cheers]

bmw046series

1000 Post Club
Nein, nein! Mercedes hat viele Modelle mit vieler Pferdestärke, und AMG auch. Keine alte Leute. Im Vergleich mit BMW, aber auch anders!

Aber danke für deine Meinung, und gut gemacht mit deinem Deutsch! [cheers]
Ja aber BMW benötigt nicht eine menge modelle seine autos zu verkaufen.

Sie verkaufen Sich!