New car arrived...finally!

Congrats, Adam, the E-Class is a very well-rounded car. Very taut and sporty chassis, especially for a Mercedes.
Thanks Mr.E! Yeah, I too was really surprised how taut and sporty the 2008 E felt with the sport pkg. It was so close to the 5 Series in driving terms, and I just think the E-Class looks better in general (still do not like those "Dame Edna" headlights the 5er is sporting!). The front and rear of the 08 E-Class is really hot!

Congrats Adam! I saw the pictures; I love the color. It makes the car look a bit bad-a$$ and not just a cream-puff.

Does it really handle like the 5 series? It looks a bit larger and 'heavier' than the 5 series. Fun to drive?

Congrats Adam! I saw the pictures; I love the color. It makes the car look a bit bad-a$$ and not just a cream-puff.

Does it really handle like the 5 series? It looks a bit larger and 'heavier' than the 5 series. Fun to drive?
Hey Sean! Surpsisingly, it handles and feels so much like the 5er. Especially with the sport pkg (suspension, lowered height and 18in wheels). It does not feel anything like a "Sunday cruiser". I don't think it is any longer or wider than the 5er, but the shape of the E makes it look large (it is by no means a small car though)!. Also, the interior layout, materials and controls is leaps and bounds above the 5er (in my opinion) and NO i-Drive!!! [;)]

Also, the interior layout, materials and controls is leaps and bounds above the 5er (in my opinion) and NO i-Drive!!! [;)]
No offense Adam, but come on, "leaps and bounds above the 5er"? [poke] I do trust your judgment, but the 5-series is made pretty well IMO. I do like the fit and finish of the mercs.....[:)]

No offense Adam, but come on, "leaps and bounds above the 5er"? [poke] I do trust your judgment, but the 5-series is made pretty well IMO. I do like the fit and finish of the mercs.....[:)]
Hey Scott, I in no way meant the E-Class is leaps and bounds better than the 5 Series in general. I thought the way I wrote it, it was clear that I mean the interior, layout and materials. The 5er is an awesome car, and if it weren't for the (IMO) Japanese/cheap looking headlight assembly...there's a good chacne I would have gotten a 535i. I think the interior layout, dash and controls look "more German" in the Mercedes.

I hear you Adam. I agree with the "more German" looks to some degree. I have voiced my displeasure on this board about the dash layout of the 3-Series as well, which carries over to the 5-Series in many ways. The cockpit of old always, ALWAYS had the driver side dash and center console wrap around the driver (tilt towards the driver) giving it a feel of a drivers car. Not so in the new E90 and E92. The dash looks long and flat all the way across. A bit to Sedan(ish) for me.

I have gotten use to it, but I don't care for it much. But, the main gripe I have is EVERY BMW 3-Series has always had the window controls on the center console, but not so anymore. To some degree the car (from the inside) seems more like a 5-Series would be. With that said, this would not deter me from purchasing a 335i coupe or the new M3. I would seriously have a hard time letting go of my E46 though.

I wished Mercedes would offer more of their coupe/sedans in manual gearbox's. I do love many of the Mercedes model lines.

P.S. In Defense of the 5-series headlight assembly, it is the Japanese who copied BMW therefore, creating the (I agree) Japanese/cheap looking headlight assembly. :)

I hear you Adam. I agree with the "more German" looks to some degree. I have voiced my displeasure on this board about the dash layout of the 3-Series as well, which carries over to the 5-Series in many ways. The cockpit of old always, ALWAYS had the driver side dash and center console wrap around the driver (tilt towards the driver) giving it a feel of a drivers car. Not so in the new E90 and E92. The dash looks long and flat all the way across. A bit to Sedan(ish) for me.

I have gotten use to it, but I don't care for it much. But, the main gripe I have is EVERY BMW 3-Series has always had the window controls on the center console, but not so anymore. To some degree the car (from the inside) seems more like a 5-Series would be. With that said, this would not deter me from purchasing a 335i coupe or the new M3. I would seriously have a hard time letting go of my E46 though.

I wished Mercedes would offer more of their coupe/sedans in manual gearbox's. I do love many of the Mercedes model lines.

P.S. In Defense of the 5-series headlight assembly, it is the Japanese who copied BMW therefore, creating the (I agree) Japanese/cheap looking headlight assembly. :)
I still think the E46 coupe was the last of "the great, true" BMWs. I too, would consider and most likely buy a new 335i couple or M3, but the E46 is just almost perfect.

MBZ does not offer manuals too much, because sales figures are just low (even in Europe, more & more people are opting for automatics). The mpg sometimes and sometimes the 0-60 times are better with an auto.