Picked up my X3 2.5 today!!

Ralphw

Well after a nearly 3 month wait, the little beasty was handed over to me today and I'm in love!!!

Silver Gray with gray leather, dark maple trim, premium pkg, xenons, HK sound and privacy glass [thumb] . It is everything I wanted and more. Solid ride without being harsh (contrary to reviews), nice feel in the bends and the seats are more comfortable than my 325i was.

It had .4 miles on it when I picked it up which is the least miles I've ever had on a new car. All in all, even better than the 3.0 I test drove (probably because it's mine...all mine...well, mine and the banks for a while [;)] ). I'll pass on impressions as the miles grow on it.

Ralph W.
"Life's Short, Fly Fast"

Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics!!!! Congrats! Did I say post pics yet?

Nice~~~ I ordered an X3 3.0i Silver Gray also~ =)
It's pretty much fully loaded without the HK and Sports Package~

Well congratuations!!! I can't wait to ride mine~! =)

What do you think about the gray leather? I got black leather and dark wood trim.

Have fun!!!!! [:D] [driving2] [welcome]

Ralphw

I love the gray leather...not to mention the fact that black leather in Houston, TX is NOT a great idea [;)] !! The only gripe I have so far is that the grain of the dark wood trim runs across the pieces giving it a stripped look that I haven't gotten used to yet.

Ralphw

OK, the pictures are up in my gallery.

One day of driving and I've found one item that I'm not happy with at all...the damned "Passenger Airbag Off" light on the overhead console. It is on any time the front pax seat is empty and it can't be turned off. In the daytime it's a minor irritation, but at night it's a royal pain and very distracting. Always in your view and quite bright. I'd love to meet the engineer that came up with that idea [V] !! I guess I shouldn't gripe too much, other than the light, it's exactly what I wanted [:)] .

Enjoy the pics.

Last edited:
I just picked up my 2.5 X-3 also the other day. WOW! I do not think I realized what it was I was purchasing. I have been driving a 1994 Jeep Gr. Cherokee for 10 years so the steering in the X-3 shocked me. This little car was worth the wait. My husband and I were alittle worried the 2.5 might not have quite enough power since the only car to test at the dealer was a 3.0-but we are not disappointed. I got alpine white with tan leather interior, trying to keep it femine so my husband and sons won't want to drive it- that hasn't worked- they have logged more miles then me!

Last edited:

Ralphw

Please be sure to post your comments after your first 1,000 miles! You'll be our long-term test writer!!
I can do that [:D] [:D] , I'm already 10% of the way there. It really is a great ride, just exactly what I wanted, so I'll be happy to pass along anything I find!!

I think the interior is adequate-(the x-5 is far more luxurious). If I wanted luxury at this price range I''d have looked at the Lexus 330- As for performance, the x-3 won me over.barbie

I have driven my X5 3.0 to the point of dissatisfaction. Because I am really wondering what the 4.4 and the 4.6 drive like but, i don't have any friends with one. I think that just getting X3 3.0 with the power to weight distribution would be a good idea.

aryax3

2.5i Preimium package as per bmwusa web site comes with 3-spoke steering wheel. Have you any of 2.5i owners questioned the dealer about getting 4-spoke steering wheel? What is there explanation.

Thanks for the information.

steering wheel

Every color brochure I recieved (and I kept them all) about the x-3 depicted the 4 spoke steering wheel with the premium package. The 3 spoke only available on the sport package. I guess the "build it" web site was erroneous-when I ordered the car I was well aware that I was recieving a 2.5 with premium package and 4 spoke leather wrapped steering wheel.