Purchase Price

newty25 said:
2500 off the MSRP sounds like a good deal to me. Have you checked the invoice price on that car yet?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78
Yup. Invoice as configured is $41775 by KBB and Edmunds. Their offer puts it at $1445 over invoice. Which again its not that bad. Im trying to see if they can include TTL with their offer; after trade it should come up to $600 over invoice.

sly

BMW must be offering some serious money to the Dealers to enable them to sell cars at $600 over invoice. That's about 1.5% over invoice and certainly not enough to keep any Dealer in business unless they sold a ton of them. $600 over invoice is Toyota territory in terms of profit, and most Toyota Dealers sell their cars like McDonalds sells hamburgers.

Actually, I owned a 2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder before my 330. The dealer absolutely refused to budge on the price... saying that they only got one or two of them in per year... and that no one else in the area had one. I ended up getting about 3K off with my junker trade-in. Not a great deal... but the car was very unique for the first 2 years I had it.

sly

newty25 said:
Actually, I owned a 2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder before my 330. The dealer absolutely refused to budge on the price... saying that they only got one or two of them in per year... and that no one else in the area had one. I ended up getting about 3K off with my junker trade-in. Not a great deal... but the car was very unique for the first 2 years I had it.
It could be harder to negotiate on an MR2 because they don't make many. But Corollas and Camrys roll off my local Toyota Dealer's lot like burgers at McDonalds. I generally pay a few hundred over invoice for those cars. Go into a Porsche Dealer and tell him you'll give him $600 over invoice on any 997, and he'll probably go into a fit of convulsive laughter. Even the BMW dealers near me don't offer much off MSRP. I like the guys at Towson BMW but they aren't noted for their great deals. I have been able to get nice discounts on Audis however.

Well I went to the only BMW dealer here in town and they didnt make a fit when I asked for a discount off MSRP. The salesman came back with $1645 off it. Although, they still have all their inventory of E90s from a few weeks ago. Ha, they seem to be falling behind quota.

sly

HornyHornet said:
Well I went to the only BMW dealer here in town and they didnt make a fit when I asked for a discount off MSRP. The salesman came back with $1645 off it. Although, they still have all their inventory of E90s from a few weeks ago. Ha, they seem to be falling behind quota.

You are right, big discounts mean that they aren't selling that well. It's the first law of capitalism: supply and demand. Any businessman will charge a price for his product that the market will support. I understand that some GM dealers are asking for $20K over MSRP for the C6 Z06.

Bmw 325i 7803

1000 Post Club
HornyHornet said:
Maybe you should just make your own price based upon your research, say $500 over invoice and tell them to make the numbers work. You can also point out the slow sales and tell him that $500 is a lot of money for a little paperwork... If they're willing to go almost 2k off without bargaining then I'd say the door is open.

My strategy is to walk in look at many cars, then get to the one I want, take up the salesmans time, take the car out for a drive, and then start playing with the numbers. I'd also walk out and come back another time, if you waste the salesmans time they're much more likely to make the sale on favorable terms to the buyer than if you just walk up and say "Hi, can I have that car on right for $500 over invoice, are you sure? Ok, bye."