Question for mods or anyone who might know???

mikev

Bournemouth, England (but still at my desk)
billym3 said:
The VIN number doesn't lie. I had all the exterior and interior mods done to it myself so trust me its a real M3. You can tell its a real M3 by the vin number, the leather seats with the m logos, the steering wheel with the m logo stitching, the engine cover, the m-kontour wheels it came with. It has a luxuray package thats why it is different then the other M3's in the E36 model. Why the hell would i mod up a 328 to look like an m3 when i could of used all the money i used to mod up (MY M3) to buy an M3. Thats nonsence. I would never mod up a 328 to look like an M3 when i could just buy an M3. Anyways its real and its nice looking and once I get the Euro M3 Chrome 18 inch wheels on it. it will look better then anyones E36 on the market.

billym3
I don't deny you it looks good. It was just that all the euro m cars have what i said. obviously the US cars are different alougth im very surprised they made and auto!!! anyway well done sorry for any confusion (its my forte)[:D]

just wait until i am finished with it and it will be pretty nice!! I got a few more things that i am going to do.

billym3

mikev said:
I don't deny you it looks good. It was just that all the euro m cars have what i said. obviously the US cars are different alougth im very surprised they made and auto!!! anyway well done sorry for any confusion (its my forte)[:D]
If that surprises you, it will shock you to learn the US E36 M3 has a much less powerful engine than the european counterpart. Your 3.0 liter cars have 286 hp, and the 3.2 liter cars 321. Our 3.0 and 3.2 liter cars both make 240 hp. Different gearing and good low-end torque allow the US cars to accelerate with their european counterparts up to 100 or so, but after that the euro cars run away and hide.

We didn't get the euro engine until the E46 M3, which is rated at 333 hp. in the US vs. 343 hp. in euro trim (the difference is actually 5 horsepower, not ten, as a result of emissions, but appears to be ten because we use a different horsepower measure than you europeans. As an aside, that difference also accounts for why an E39 M5 is sometimes quoted as 400 hp. and sometimes at 394, and why Jaguar was somewhat disingenuous for claiming the SC AJ 4.0 V8 makes 400 hp.)

As for billym3, I am sure he will trick his car out even more as he says, but even then you will always be able to find one with more money and time thrown into it. Some people have 3.5 liter stroker engines with turbos, full coil-over suspensions, Brembo kits, etc., others go a different direction with lambo-style gullwing doors, high five figure audio systems, and more chrome than Harleyfest.

J

JamieD22

billym3 said:
... Anyways its real and its nice looking and once I get the Euro M3 Chrome 18 inch wheels on it. it will look better then anyones E36 on the market.

billym3
I'm gonna' go ahead & disagree with you on that one. [confused] Though what's important is that you're happy with the car. To me it looks kinda' like a Mr. Potato Head Bimmer. [:D]

M3Aidan

JamieD22 said:
I'm gonna' go ahead & disagree with you on that one. [confused] Though what's important is that you're happy with the car. To me it looks kinda' like a Mr. Potato Head Bimmer. [:D]
He just called it the Mr. Potato Head Bimmer... Hail to Mr. Potato Head. [thumb]

mikev

Bournemouth, England (but still at my desk)
brahtw8 said:
I think he is talking about the regular E46 M3 rims, but chrome. I believe the euro M3 runs 19s, but it may be an option with 18s standard as in the US.
Euro M3 comes with 18" as standard (which are the drivers choice) only the guys who want it for the fact its an M3 go for 19" rims as the optional extra. (funny that 90% of all M3 rag top sales are with 19" rims then)

but anyway its more fun picking holes at someone elses creation so keep it coming [:D]