Usa Today Review "Sweet Ride, Sour View"

peakpros

RacerX330 said:
ha, that's funny since you drive a Z4, which happens to be one of BMW's most extreme styling designs.

Yes...I have a Z4 and I think it is a great car.

I have driven BMW's for 25 years and it gets more compliments than any other bimmer I have ever driven.

I also own a 3 series...for days when my tastes are more conservative. Good solid driving car but not a Z4.

No E90 for me. I find it bloated and boring looking.

Dtkw said:
Almost all Bengle designs are bloat and boring IMO. But people would get used to it or grow to accept it.
I also think all the Bangle designs are ugly with the exception of the Z4. As I've said before on this forum people shouldn't have to get used to an ugly car. BMW seems to be going through an "ugly duckling" phase right now similar to what Ford went through in the late 90s. All the Fords (Explorer, F-150, Taurus etc) from this period had these ugly, dopey, rounded look. They've snapped out of it now; notice the sharp, creased look of their new vehicles. Much better, I think.

IMO the new 3-series looks pretty fugly until you load it up with all the bling - who knows, maybe it's a design that needs to grow on ya for awhile.

Now the 5-series, it's just gross.

BellasBmw

The only opinion that should matter is the person shelling out the $35-45K. If someone doesnt like my 06 Bmw, then to each his own, cause i paid for it, not the other person. (plus i think theres a bit of jealousy) If you want something bad but cant have it, then knocking it down will make you feel better...