Where did the third pedal go?

epj3

Moorie said:
i know exactly what PuShAkOv is referring to as im in the looking for a bmw 3 series but wayyy back before i was 'Hooked' on bmw's i went through other show rooms of smaller town cars like peugeot, nissan, ford the usual and they all totolly ingored me being only 17 :( but the funny thing is i walked into a bmw show room and within a minute i was helped out by 2 salesmen and instantly was offered a drink[thumb] but i do have to admit i had to kinda dress up smart to get the attention from anyone at all but i got A* treatment and i was just wanting some information on the 3 series lol. Nice going bmw :D
That's not how it is in the States. If you dont look like you'll be buying a 36,000 dollar car, they wont give you any POSITIVE attention.

BTM3

I do have to agree with you there. My boss (who makes in the low seven figures) went into a BMW dealership (not my local one) in a t-shirt, jeans and sneakers and a baseball cap - with a check in hand and the intention of purchasing a new 745 on the spot to the first person who walked up to him... needless to say, no one... no one would even talk to him.... he waited just to see how long it would take for them to come up as he is a businessman and was just curious... after 24 mins, he gave up and went and found the manager. told him he just lost a nice deal.. called me up afterwards to tell me the story, i called my friend at MY dealer told him what happened, he called my boss up, drove up to meet him personally at his house with a new 7 right off the truck. had my boss drive it back, showed him all the toys and how to use them and to put a long story short. my boss bought the car immediately at full list and happy. granted, my calling my friend made the scenario a little biased, but i'm sure we all agree.. you can't judge every person by their age or how they're dressed...

To get onto this topic and off just plain SMG discussion: I've found this age discrimination to be so true! When my fiance bought the first bimmer back in 2000 (a 2001 330ci) the dealer pretty much ignored him... basically because he was young, went in with jeans and the whole nine. It wasn't until he went back with his boss (older, very wealthy) that he got attention - and only because they thought it was his rich dad. Even when he wanted to get my engagement ring they kept showing things he didn't want to see because they thought he couldn't afford it. So he took his $20,000 elsewhere, just like he takes his business to another BMW dealer now.

SMG takes away from the experience

My girlfriend just bought a 2003 6speed manual M3. We test drove the SMG and it definitelly takes away from the experience. Plus the clutch works so well on it that it is a lot of fun to drive. SMG is a little faster when accelerating but just barley. If you don't know how to drive manual or just don't like it get SMG. But I would say manual is the way to go.