Pics of My 2005 silver M3

MrElussive said:
yo you guys are all wrong. mc909321 can do whatever the hell he wants to his car, he doesn't need to be told what to do regarding rear spoilers and he certainly did not even ask for anyone's advice on the subject.
What's the deal Emile? Wrong? How the hell is my OPINION wrong. Everyone here knows it is "his" car and we all know he can do what ever he wants with it. I don't see anyone here "telling" him to do anything. I stated a personal opinion on a statement that he made in regards to wanting to purchase a wing. Whether he take my "opinion" into consideration is his option, but by no means does it entail me telling him to do anything.

You're right he didn't ask for advise, but he did make a statement, which I gave my .02. I just don't get the flack. Seems Dave didn't have a problem with it and took it in stride. He has his preferences and I am sure he will have no problems getting the wing whether someone on this board would or would not themselves. That's his choice....

Big Daddy

Relax a little, I concur with Scott and Adam, and Dave even says, "I was thinking along the lines of a nice subtle spoiler, not necessarily a wing." I think a "nice subtle spoiler" on the rear deck lid would look awesome. Dave we were just giving our thoughts and advice, not trying to be critical.

I was perfectly relaxed. My initial statement to go for the wing was perfectly friendly and then douche100 attacked me for it because of my analogy. There is nothing wrong with a guy just trying to modify his car to his own preference. Five of you jumped in and said DONT DO IT, and so he had to tone his opinion down just so you guys would get off his back. The first time he brought it up, he even specifically said "...and a wing on it, nothing too crazy, but sportier than the lip wing that it has now."
The guy should be able to express his opinion without being jumped on by five regulars (several of which are mods) saying it will "ruin an M3."

Big Daddy

I sure don't see where anyone "attacked" you. Also I am sure Dave would not have toned anything down just to apease us, your not giving him much credit. And what, moderators cannot have opinions? Regardless, sorry, did not mean to offend you or Dave!

MrElussive said:
I was perfectly relaxed. My initial statement to go for the wing was perfectly friendly and then douche100 attacked me for it because of my analogy. There is nothing wrong with a guy just trying to modify his car to his own preference. Five of you jumped in and said DONT DO IT, and so he had to tone his opinion down just so you guys would get off his back. The first time he brought it up, he even specifically said "...and a wing on it, nothing too crazy, but sportier than the lip wing that it has now."
The guy should be able to express his opinion without being jumped on by five regulars (several of which are mods) saying it will "ruin an M3."
Douche100? Nice Emile.

Everytime you start an argument, or someone does not agree with you, and you get nasty with me or them, I just bite my tongue and try and be the bigger person. I have never called you a name (eventhough I cannot count how many times I have wanted to). If you look at the past year, you seem to piss almost everyone off eventually. So sick and tired of logging on to our Board (which I think has some awesome people), and having to deal with your childish, arrogant and nasty personality. Honestly, you ruin this board.

Douche100? Very mature Emile. Very mature. You def. need some help dude. Really.

Fwu

I gotta say you're a bit sensitive deutsch100 and don't take criticism well. But I do agree that the stock M wheels look better than the BBS competition package ones. Good choice in my opinion.

Fwu said:
I gotta say you're a bit sensitive deutsch100 and don't take criticism well.
What the hell is that? He was merely making reference to the fact that he found it immature that Emile referred to him as "douche". Would you like that? Surely not.

I REALLY tried not to get involved!!!!

MrElussive said:
One question Emile; where in my post did I say don't do it? I started my post off as, "I myself..." as in me. And I stated my “preference.” Being a moderator has nothing to do with it ….

Fwu

Chesty Bonds said:
What the hell is that? He was merely making reference to the fact that he found it immature that Emile referred to him as "douche". Would you like that? Surely not.

I REALLY tried not to get involved!!!!
You could tell he was already ticked off when Elussive made reference to the wheels.

I'll just make my final point:

In this thread, the guy was just showing us pics of his brand new pimp daddy M3 and suggested he wanted rims and a spoiler. It's his car, he can put as big of a spoiler as his little heart desires and he wasn't really asking for five members to be all like "NO YOU'LL RUIN THAT M3 BLAH BLAH BLAH."

I tried to demonstrate how your posts must have made mc909321 feel by making a similar analogy about deutsch100. Deutsch100's response to my analogy about the BBS wheels served as a perfect example of what you guys did to mc909321.....he was just able to keep his cool far better than deutsch100. GET IT?

Actually since you guys have been clueless to this point, I'll just explain it: Where deutsch100 expressed that he was offended and made a big deal out of it, mc909321 sort of backed down and tried to tone down the situation (to your favor) so you guys would jump off his back.

MrElussive said:
I'll just make my final point:

In this thread, the guy was just showing us pics of his brand new pimp daddy M3 and suggested he wanted rims and a spoiler. It's his car, he can put as big of a spoiler as his little heart desires and he wasn't really asking for five members to be all like "NO YOU'LL RUIN THAT M3 BLAH BLAH BLAH."

I tried to demonstrate how your posts must have made this guy feel by making a similar analogy about deutsch100. Deutsch100's response to my analogy about the BBS wheels served as a perfect example of what you guys did to this guy.....this guy just took your posts far better than deutsch100 took mine. GET IT?
"One question Emile; where in my post did I say don't do it? I started my post off as, "I myself..." as in me. And I stated my “preference.” Being a moderator has nothing to do with it …."

"five members", hmm...

"NO YOU'LL RUIN THAT M3 BLAH BLAH BLAH.", where do you see that in my post?

" how your posts", "what you guys did to this guy", you sure can read a lot into my post of "I myself" and "MY" opinion of what I would do to "MY" M3.

Dave is a big boy he can/should be able to take others peoples opinions, weigh the difference, and make his own choice. In no way, shape or form did I tell him to do anything. I stated my opinion that the lip spoiler is just right and in my mind a wing (of any form) is overkill. If he or anyone else can't handle that sort of personal preference, maybe they shouldn't be on a public message board.

I am sure Dave will do what he feels and mod his M3 anyway he likes. If fact I would like to see what it looks like when/if he does. I am sure it would look good, but it doesn't mean I have the same tastes. It just isn't for me....

You're cool with me Emile. I just don't get this responce....

Everybody's cool here. I didn't join the thread to punk people out. Nobody was individually aggressive, but the five opinions as a whole (without any other side to the argument) came off as pretty aggressive and it's his car at the end of the day....keep in mind that his thread was to show you pics of his M3 and for you all to say "Nice ride!", not a gang-up of "Don't put a wing on that M3!!"

He mentioned he wanted rims and a wing. We should be giving him helpful references to websites that sell wheels and spoilers, not shooting his ideas down, whether we like it or not. All I've been trying to say.

I have not refused anything. I am commenting you're statement of, "yo you guys are all wrong”, “he doesn't need to be told what to do”, “he certainly did not even ask for anyone's advice on the subject”, “Five of you jumped in and said DONT DO IT”, “just so you guys would get off his back”, The guy should be able to express his opinion without being jumped on by five regulars (several of which are mods) saying it will "ruin an M3.”, “what you guys did to mc909321”, “mc909321 sort of backed down and tried to tone down the situation (to your favor) so you guys would jump off his back”,. This is where I have/had a problem with your outlook of the situation.

I made my own statement in reference to his post. I cannot/will not/should not be held accountable for any other people’s posts. Your comment of, “but the five opinions as a whole (without any other side to the argument), is irrelevant in this situation, because first; I am not arguing about anything hence, there is no side to be taken on my part and second; the comment, “not a gang-up of "Don't put a wing on that M3!!"”, has no bearing on my statement since I didn’t “gang up” on anyone with my personal opinion/statement.

I would understand your last post better if I had indeed “ganged up”, “told him what to do”, “said don’t do it”, “was on his back”, “ said it would ruin his M3”, “jumped on his back”, and/or “actually had an argument”, etc… Otherwise, playing devils advocate is perfectly fine….

P.S. My first post I said, “Sweet”, which is the equivalent of “nice ride” however, if someone mentions a possible modification that I myself would not do I am inclined to give “MY” viewpoint as well. I am not here to stoke people’s egos and lie when my tastes are different from any said poster. Most of us here are adults and don’t need their hands held with, “wow that sounds like a great idea etc…” when in fact it doesn’t to me…

An opinion is just that an opinion. I know it is his car as you are forever reminding us of. You’re right he can do anything he wants with it. This never was in question, but my comment of what “I myself” would do to my “M3”, which is my car and I have just as much right to state my “opinion” of what I would and would not do to it….

Group hug….

[:)] @ Emile...

Hey Dave, nice ride man.

just in case you need a spokes person in the future, or even a press secretary, i'm sure you got your pick of the litter, right here on this thread.

here's my opinion: on my 330, i love the subtle lip spoiler, but you do have an M, and not every M driver wants that "silent killer" look. (if i could even state that, but it is quite subtle compared to other high perf rides) some may want to flaunt it, and that's cool, but i think the image that popped into our minds upon hearing "m3," "wing" is RICE!

well nuff talking about it, grace us with some pics once you personalize yer ride! [thumb]