Votes: 37 20.4%
  • 21-25

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • 25-35

Votes: 59 32.6%
  • 35+

Votes: 57 31.5%

• Total voters
Hmm....yeah I'm under my parents insurance. But for some reason, whenever I see the insurance bill, it doesnt say M3. They have me under BMW 3-Series, it even says that on my insurance card. Is it supposed to be like that? My dads insurance card for his 328IS says BMW 328IS, so shouldnt my insurance card say BMW M3?

Im not asking so I have the right to brag about it with my friends, but maybe it plays a role in the price of my insurance. Could it?

ALthough I dont own an M yet I should be about 25 (I am 23 now, waiting for insurance to lower) before I buy one.......havent made up my mind on chassis but M Coupe and M3 are my choices. I pay 1680 a year for my 99 civic and 97 accord coupe with myself and my wife on the policy...I have one small ticket...[?|] ....but its 2 years old and will be off my record next November

I think your insurance should state M3 on it, mine does, it does, however, raise the premium. The only issue would be what you would get $$ wise if you wrecked it. The value would definitely be lower.

I have a 98 M3 and my girl has an 03 M3 and, we pay $1,800 for 6 months. We live in NC and go through Progressive. Not cheap but anything for our Ms is money well spent. I couldn't image life without them.

I'm 25 and have a 1998 M3. Gotta love Ms

Back to the insurance, My girlfriend and I pay $1900 for six months on my 98 M3 and her 03 M3. And that was after shopping around, a lot.

I think insurance companies are absolutely terrible. They need to relax with charging so much insurance money...I hate how a sports car is way more money to insure than a SUV. It's so freaking ridiculous...just because a sports car is for you to have fun on the road, it doesn't mean you should have to pay extra for it...cars are still transportation from point A to point B, no matter how hot and fun they are. [driving]

Yea really. What burns me up even more is that if you actually crash your car and the insurance company has to pay out money to fix it, you are assessed minimal insurance points. BUT, whatever you do don't go over the speed limit and have a chance of getting in an accident because then they really screw you. That is so rediculous!

Why the FU%$ should people who drive faster and drive well have to pay for the accidents of soccer moms, old people and other idiots who are directly responsible for accidents daily.

hey u'all!!! seems I'm like the only guy from europe(england) on this site. I don't belive anyone under 30 who says they got insurance for any M3, coz it just effin impossible!!! unless u pay somthing like 2 - 3 grand (english pounds)!!

Thats cuz you guys drive crazy!!! Not because you are on the wrong side of the road either!!
Everyone in Europe drives crazy. Used to live in Germany, been there done that. Nuts. Don't like your car? Park it on the Autobahn, no problem, new car next week. No just kidding, I think Europe is in general just higher because of a lot of different reasons, one primary one is that it is not as simple to get licensed and insured there as it its here. It is a privilege to drive in Europe and something you respect. The laws are much harder there than in the US. Infractions of the law are very serious over there and not easily remedied like here. You can basically buy your way out of almost anything in the states and not get too jacked up along the way. Having a license and an M in Europe is a big deal. Whole different lifestyle compared to US, but I love it! Wouldn't want to give up my M to live there again, well, maybe...I'm going back to visit in May anyway! London, I'm coming, look out!!![cheers]

Hey, hardcore, where you at?

17 over here, i have a 95' M3, i got the car last summer when i was 16. I put the down payment on the car and my dad is taking care of the payments and the insurance, and i save up for mods. So far i have 17" chrome M contours, euro spec tail lights, clear sidemarkers, angel eyes, projector corners and foglights, pioneer in-dash tv, xtant 12" x-series subwoofer, bazooka 500 watt amp, and i have 2 7" headrest tv's and 2 5" sunvisor tvs on the way, and much much more to come by this summer!

Im 16, i dont have a M car yet... but when i do its going to be a m3 or m5.. for sure, right now all i have is my Q.3S bike. Insurance in new york state is really high, for our 1995 land rover discovery we pay 1000, one of my friends who has an m5 pays 4k : O

Originally posted by jcsmfever
Why the FU%$ should people who drive faster and drive well have to pay for the accidents of soccer moms, old people and other idiots who are directly responsible for accidents daily.
Because soccer moms and old people are not the drivers that have the highest probability accidents per 100,000 drivers, according to NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Assoc.) That's how insurance rates are set - probability.

As you phrased it, the "other idiots" would be male drivers age 16 to 24 involved in deaths, and males and females 16 to 24 involved in injuries.

For your reference: http://www.disastercenter.com/traffic/Age.html

Attachments

Last edited:
M3-Teknitian wrote:
Hmm....yeah I'm under my parents insurance. But for some reason, whenever I see the insurance bill, it doesnt say M3. They have me under BMW 3-Series, it even says that on my insurance card. Is it supposed to be like that? My dads insurance card for his 328IS says BMW 328IS, so shouldnt my insurance card say BMW M3?
If and when something happens (God forbid) to you and or the M3...you and your dad will be non too happy to find that your insurance will probably not cover the cost of replacing or repairing an M3 when you've been paying to replace or repair a 325. It might even be (i'll call my insurance dude on this and let you know) they wont cover the vehicle at all for mis-representation or something to that nature.

Good luck...save all the $$$ your not paying out to insure the M3...you'll need it!! [?|]

My insurance is about $541 every six months on my 2003 M3. Not too bad. I guess it's because I've been with GEICO since 1991 and have insured a Nissan, a Honda and 7 BMWs with them since and haven't made any substantial claims. Also, I guess where I live and my age also have something to do with the relatively low premium.

getting older

Hello From The Uk !! About This Age Thing When I Hit 30 I Told Myself That For Each Birthday After That I Would Knock A Year Off ,its Working Very Well For Me Im Now 28 Not Bad Ehh Lol In Some Time I Think I Will Be The Youngest M3 Driver Lol !!!! Keep Smilein

Last edited:

flashinthepan

I was shocked to hear my insurance only went up $70 per year for my M3 from what I was paying in my 330Cic. And I was even truthfull...lol, they know by the VIN anyways I think.

No problem there [clap]

I was 27 when I purchased my 99 m3 for my 28th bday. It brings a smile to my face every time I drive it. I'm paying $1250 for full coverage with Geico annually. I'm hoping to switch my insurance with someone that's a bit cheaper. anyone have suggestions? I get sick to my stomach whenever I start thinking about how much I pay for insurance.

BadAssBimmer said:
Both of the m3s we've had have been insured under a parent. My fiance got the first when we were 23 and 22... now we are 24 and 23.
What would happen if you got into an at-fault accident? Would your parents' insurance go up?